ATLANTA, GA – January 21, 2009 – TerraGo® Technologies, a provider of software solutions that extend the access and application of geospatial data to professional consumers, today announced details of the momentum it achieved in Q4 2008. Highlights for the quarter include the launch of a revised corporate brand and solid delivery on product, customer and partnership initiatives. In addition, fourth quarter sales increased 28 percent over the same period last year, and the company surpassed the 700 customer mark.
“In Q4, we continued to execute on our key product strategies that enable us to offer a full suite of geospatial collaboration software solutions for enterprises that rely on location-based information,” said Rick Cobb, president and CEO of TerraGo Technologies. “As we launched the industry’s first mobile solution designed specifically for non-GIS professionals, we took the opportunity to reinvigorate our brand in order to better represent our broad range of solutions. The market partnerships we established in Q3 gained traction, and I am very pleased with our progress across all fronts.”
Highlights from Q4 include:
- New Corporate Identity and Product Brand. The company launched its new brand, aimed at better representing its full suite of software solutions and complimenting the industry’s awareness of its GeoPDF® brand. The rebranding effort included a new logo, new tagline (Unleash Your Geo) and new product names for its
- TerraGo Publisher Suite®, formerly known as Map2PDF for GIS,
- TerraGo Composer®, formerly known as Map2PDF for Acrobat/Professional, and
- TerraGo Collaboration Suite® , which includes TerraGo Mobile and the TerraGo Desktop application, formerly known as GeoPDF Toolbar.
- Product Delivery.
TerraGo Mobile, the first geospatial mobile application designed specifically for non-GIS users, was launched in the fourth quarter. The solution was developed in conjunction with the U.S. Intelligence Community, where more than 3,000 licenses have been sold through the company’s strategic partner In-Q-Tel. Emergency responders, engineering/consulting firms and utility organizations are showing significant interest in the new solution, which will enable them to equip field personnel with unique, geo-referenced maps and images that can be used as the basis for data collection and collaboration.
- Customer Success. TerraGo added several noteworthy customers to its client roster this quarter. Converse Consultants, a multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company purchased TerraGo Mobile for more efficient field data collection and asset verification. Seattle City Light, a publicly-owned electric utility company serving more than 300,000 homes and businesses in Seattle proper, purchased TerraGo Composer for its field-based map book applications. The company also celebrated the success of the Army GeoPDF project with U.S. Army Topographic Engineering Center’s geographer Ray Caputo, who received the 2008 Geospatial Intelligence Achievement Award. In addition, TerraGo won a contract to enhance the TerraGo Desktop application to integrate functionality that enables collaboration with LIDAR data.
- Partner Development. TerraGo signed an agreement with Trimble, the leading provider of advanced positioning solutions. As a part of this partner program, TerraGo will work closely with Trimble to develop technology and business opportunities across common customers in the government, mapping, utilities and transportation markets. In addition, the company’s newly established relationship with ERDAS gained traction in the fourth quarter, with several new customers purchasing the Map2PDF for IMAGINE from ERDAS.
About TerraGo Technologies
TerraGo Technologies delivers software applications that extend the access and application of maps and images for non-GIS users and customers. More than 700 organizations, including many defense and intelligence agencies, utility companies, public safety/emergency response departments, natural resource management and engineering firms, depend on TerraGo software. The TerraGo Publisher Suite® allows organizations to transform and optimize data from any source and create a geo-enabled PDF, also known as a GeoPDF®. The TerraGo Collaboration Suite® offers desktop, web-based and mobile software applications that automate geospatial collaboration and information gathering. When used in conjunction with TerraGo Composer®, customers are able to configure easy-to-use maps and images while embedding relevant business context, forms and workflows. TerraGo’s strong ecosystem of partners, including Adobe, ESRI, ERDAS, Intergraph, BAE Systems and Trimble, enable the company to continue to deliver innovative, geospatial collaboration solutions. To learn more about TerraGo, visit www.terragotech.com.