New Dex-branded Solution for Mobile Devices Extends Company's Local Search Reach Into Wireless Arena
CARY, N.C., — April 06, 2009 — /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- R.H. Donnelley, one of the nation's leading local commercial search companies, today launched a free mobile search application that provides consumers with access to information on millions of local businesses and individuals from any mobile device.
The Dex mobile solution complements the company's current integrated marketing offering for small and medium-sized businesses with a downloadable local search application that serves the increasingly popular mobile Internet market. A recent report by The Kelsey Group indicated that 54 million U.S. wireless subscribers are now actively using the mobile Internet. The new offering provides users with detailed information on more than 27 million businesses and more than 100 million people.
"R.H. Donnelley has long been known as the leader in local search in the markets we serve, and the Dex mobile application will further strengthen that position within the rapidly expanding mobile space," said Maggie Le Beau, chief marketing officer and senior vice president for R.H. Donnelley. "We are constantly looking for new ways to provide consumers with the most relevant, local businesses information, and this application is no exception. It provides on-the-go consumers with a fast, easy and fun way to find what they're looking for."
Optimized for Mobile With the Consumer in Mind
The Dex mobile application is fully optimized for use on mobile devices and was designed specifically with the search preferences of mobile consumers in mind. It incorporates the detailed, reliable content Dex is known for and builds off of the look and feel of the company's market-leading dexknows.com(R) ( http://www.dexknows.com) online local search site. The application not only provides the ability to search by business name, type and location, but offers several new features designed specifically for mobile users, including:
- Location search: By specifying their location, consumers can search for businesses around them. For example, a person can search for "pizza" and enter city, ZIP code or specific address (i.e. work or home) and find the nearest locations. iPhone users get an added benefit allowing them to use the "Near Me" feature to find nearby businesses.
- Feelin' Like...: Using this unique tool, consumers who aren't quite sure what they're looking for can look up different categories to find popular recommendations on things like places to eat, things to do, and more.
- Easily stored contact info: Consumers can easily store a businesses' contact information to their own contacts or favorites lists. They can also email business contact information to others.
- Connect with a click: A single click will automatically dial a business's phone number.
- Ability to map a location: Detailed maps show consumers exactly where a business is, making it easy for them to determine its convenience, and step-by-step directions tell them how to get there.
- People search: Listings make it easy for consumers to find individuals' contact information.
- Reverse number lookup: Consumers can easily track down a number with the touch of a few keys.
More information is available at www.dexknows.com/mobile.
About R.H. Donnelley
R.H. Donnelley (Pink Sheets: RHDC) connects businesses and consumers through its portfolio of print and interactive marketing solutions. Small- and medium-sized businesses look to R.H. Donnelley's experienced team of marketing consultants to help them grow their companies and drive sales leads. Consumers depend on the Company's reliable, local business content to deliver the most relevant search results when they are seeking local goods and services. For more information, visit www.rhd.com and dexknows.com.