Master the art of computer animation and visual effects production with the latest edition of this cutting-edge guide
This remarkable edition of The Art of 3D Computer Animation and Effects offers clear, step-by-step guidelines for the entire process of creating a fully rendered 3D computer animation. With up-to-date coverage of the latest computer animation styles and techniques, this versatile guide provides insightful information for creating animations and visual effects—from creative development and preproduction to finished animation.
Designed to work with any computer platform, this Fourth Edition cuts through technical jargon and presents numerous easy-to-understand instructivediagrams. Full-color examples are presented—including VFX and animated feature movies, games, and TV commercials—by such leading companies as Blue Sky, Blur, BUF, Disney, DreamWorks, Electronic Arts, Framestore, ILM, Imagi, Microsoft, Mac Guff, The Mill, Menfond, Pixar, Polygon, Rhythm & Hues, Sony Imageworks, Tippett, Ubisoft, and Weta, and many other studios and groundbreaking independent artists from around the world.
This fully revised edition features new material on the latest visual effects techniques, a useful update of the traditional principles of animation, practical information on creative development, multiple production pipeline ideas for shorts and visual effects, plus updated information on current production trends and techniques in animation, rendering, modeling, rigging, and compositing.
Whether you are a student, an independent artist or creator, or a production company team member, The Art of 3D Computer Animation and Effects, Fourth Edition gives you a broad palette of tips and techniques for bringing your visions to life through 3D computer animation.
Key Topics Covered:
- SECTION I: INTRODUCTION.
- Chapter 1: Animation, Visual Effects, and Technology in Context.
- Chapter 2: Creative Development and the Digital Process.
- SECTION II: MODELING.
- Chapter 3: Modeling Concepts.
- Chapter 4: Modeling Techniques.
- Chapter 5: Advanced Modeling and Rigging Techniques.
- SECTION III: RENDERING.
- Chapter 6: Rendering Concepts.
- Chapter 7: The Camera.
- Chapter 8: Lighting.
- Chapter 9: Shading and Surface Characteristics.
- SECTION IV: ANIMATION AND EFFECTS.
- Chapter 10: Principles of Animation.
- Chapter 11: Computer Animation Techniques.
- Chapter 12: Advanced Computer Animation Techniques.
- Chapter 13: Visual Effects Techniques.
- SECTION V: POST-PROCESSING.
- Chapter 14: Retouching, Compositing, and Color Grading.
- Chapter 15: Image Resolution and Output.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/402e4c/the_art_of_3d_comp
Research and Markets
Fax from USA: 646-607-1907
Fax from rest of the world: +353-1-481-1716