DUBLIN — (BUSINESS WIRE) — September 17, 2009 — Research and Markets ( http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ecc251/2009_stereoscopic) has announced the addition of the " 2009 Stereoscopic 3D Gameplay Evaluation Report: An Assessment of the Performance and Usability of 3D Games on 3D Monitors" report to their offering.
Close to 400 games are available for gameplay on PC-based platforms and 3D capable monitors. These are all 2D games that are rendered a second time to create a 3D perspective. But what does this do to the gameplay? Are the 3D monitors all the same? Does the driver support for the conversion make a difference? These are the key questions we set out to answer in this special test report.
We have taken the perspective of the gamers to evaluate the gameplay for a number of games on three 3D monitors. We did this to see if this type of gaming is as compelling to gamers as the various companies involved in the 3D market claim it is.
The objective of this report is to provide details of gameplay on 24 different video games in stereoscopic 3D and determine if such gameplay is truly immersive and compelling. In addition, we wanted to clearly document the level of performance, the visual impact on each display and the effect of driver and hardware implementation.
- Step-by-step experience of setting up an S-3D gaming system
- Evaluation of S-3D display monitors (iZ3D, Hyundai, NVIDIA/Samsung)
- Results of extensive play of 24 titles in S-3D
- Reactions of gamers to S-3D
- S-3D value proposition summary
Who Should Buy:
- Stereoscopic 3D gaming system developers and publishers
- PC, graphics card and supporting hardware/software suppliers
- Notebook, monitor, projector and TV manufacturers
- Active and passive glasses suppliers/developers
- Serious gamers
- Internet delivery companies
- Investors looking for information to support due diligence
Key Topics Covered:
2 Value Proposition Of 3d Games
2.1 S-3d Gaming Experience: Step-By-Step
2.2 S-3d Hardware Evaluation
2.3 Putting The S-3d Gaming System To The Test
2.4 Gamer Reactions To S-3d
2.5 S-3d Value Proposition Summary
3 Appendix A: 3d Gaming Test Set-Up
3.1 Hardware Set-Up
3.2 Software Set-Up
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ecc251/2009_stereoscopic
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716