Oakland, CA September 18, 2009 -- Integrity Logic today announced the release of Geology WA, the latest version of the GIS (Geographic Information System) for the iPhone/iPod platform, covering Washington state and Oregon.
This release focuses on the physical geography and geology of the Pacific Northwest states, and contains 25 layers of information, which can be superimposed, mixed and rearranged in any desired combination.
"This is our best release so far," said Max Tardiveau, Integrity Logic's founder. "We have added a lot of information, such as public lands and seismic hazard, and that makes the application even more useful. It gives you a whole new perspective on the landscape around you."
- geological map from the U.S. Geological Service
- public land ownership (local, state, federal)
- states outlines
- all 1,930 earthquakes in recorded history with a magnitude of 3.0 or above
- seismic hazard
- land elevation from NASA
- ocean bathymetry from NOAA
- hydrologic units
- county lines, USGS quadrangles
- UTM zones, state plane zones
- township and range
- urban areas, hydrological features
- cities, roads and railroad tracks
- active mines and quarries
- all available potassium/argon dates
- main aquifers
- old faults and active faults
- plate boundaries
- volcanoes and volcanic features
Geology WA is a completely self-contained application, which does not require any Internet access. This is critical for anyone who needs access to this information when out of cellular range, in the field.
Geology WA can use the iPhone's built-in GPS and the iPod's location service, and can also capture high-definitions maps, which can be retrieved from the device's photo album. Some videos of the application in action are available on the company's web site.
The application is available immediately in the Apple App Store and is priced at $4.99.
About Integrity Logic
Integrity Logic is a software and consulting services company founded in 2003.