Howard L. Martin, Zocalo Tech’s president, spoke with EDACafé about the challenges and opportunities for enabling widespread acceptance of Assertion-Based Verification (ABV). ABV is considered the technology that can have the most impact for reducing re-spins of complex chips.
In his interview, Mr. Martin makes the following points.
- Assertion use today is mainly ad hoc and dependent on the skill and desire of engineers to use assertions.
- ABV use requires the use of assertions as part of the verification methodology.
- Implementing ABV is a major challenge and there’s no magic bullet to make ABV happen overnight.
- Projects need automation for creating and managing assertions cost effectively.
- Management needs metrics to even consider ABV.
For more information about Zocalo Tech, please visit www.zocalo-tech.com.
To arrange an online or in person Zazz demo please email Email Contact.
About Zocalo Tech’s ABV Software
Zazz™ is a suite of EDA automation tools providing the automation for users and the metrics for management to enable the benefits of Assertion-Based Verification on a cost effective basis.
About Zocalo Tech
Zocalo Tech, Inc. software, marketed under the name Zazz, has been architected and developed from the ground up with one goal in mind: increased productivity for engineers adopting and utilizing Assertion-Based Verification (ABV). For more information, please visit www.zocalo-tech.com.
Georgia Marszalek, ValleyPR, +1 650 345 7477, Email Contact