December 02, 2009 -- RAND Worldwide®, a global leader in providing technology solutions to organizations with engineering, design and information technology requirements, announced that both its IMAGINiT Technologies (link:
www.rand.com/imaginit) and ASCENT (link:
www.ascented.com) divisions are speaking and exhibiting at Autodesk University (AU) 2009. AU 2009 is being held this week, December 1-3, 2009 at the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas, NV.
IMAGINiT Technologies, Autodesk’s largest global reseller, will be showcasing a gallery of their clients’ successes in Booth #301. These success stories demonstrate what can be achieved when the great software tools provided by Autodesk are coupled with the deep technical expertise, training and implementation best practices offered by IMAGINiT. In addition to having a booth, several technical experts from IMAGINiT will be delivering the following classes on the Autodesk products at AU:
- Malcolm Fernandes will lead a class called “Lots More: Rules Based Lot Grading” which will teach students how to leverage AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2010 to quickly and efficiently design or grade a lot and ensure that the revisions are dynamic, as are all the other objects within Civil 3D.
- Mark Flayler will be presenting “It’s Not Sign Language: Designing Custom Sketched Symbols in Drawings Using Autodesk® Inventor®.” This session takes a look at the tools available in the drawing manager that can help you document your designs and standardize your company’s notations.
- George Ikonomakis will deliver a class called “Maximize the Use of Autodesk® Revit® Structure Extensions” that will cover how to use extension tools so that you can work more collaboratively with software products such as AutoCAD® Structural Detailing, Civil 3D® and possibly Autodesk Robot™ Structural Analysis.
- Warren Medernach will be teaching a class entitled “From AutoCAD® Map 3D to Autodesk MapGuide® in Three Simple Steps: Connect, Stylize, Publish.” This class explores how to connect to a variety of data sources through FDO Technology, stylize and theme your data to create a cartographic masterpiece, and finally, how to publish the data to MapGuide Enterprise.
- ASCENT - Center for Technical Knowledge®, the leading developer of high-quality professional training, technical documentation, and knowledge products for engineering applications, will be promoting their latest Autodesk courseware titles in Booth # 209.
- ASCENT technical expert, Elvis Sverko will be delivering a class “Real Life Applications: Practical Engineering Purposes for AutoCAD Electrical – It’s Not Just for Drafting” this class takes you beyond creating and modifying your companies’ electrical control system drawings with AutoCAD® Electrical. It will help you better design and engineer your control systems. Elvis will also be presenting a session called “Inventor: 20 Tips in 20 Minutes” in the Autodesk Theatre. Don't miss out on these great tips that you can put to use right away.
About RAND Worldwide
RAND Worldwide is one of the world’s leading providers of professional services and technology to the engineering community, targeting organizations in the building, infrastructure, and manufacturing industries. ( www.rand.com)