December 07, 2009 -- ESi®, the developers of WebEOC®, the world’s first web-enabled crisis information management software, and 3-GIS, a major provider of geospatial consulting and systems integration services, have announced the release of WebEOC Mapper Professional 2.1 – the first product from their new joint venture company, Tucuxi (“Too-Koo-Shi”).
With the new WebEOC Mapper Professional Version 2.1, decision makers at emergency operations centers can create a dynamic, geographically-based common operating picture without the need for specialized GIS or mapping experience. This generation of Mapper is the only visualization application with full two-way interaction with WebEOC software.
Mapping and location functions are already built into the WebEOC core Board Builder tools – so with Mapper Professional 2.1 emergency managers can easily create WebEOC boards that automatically generate maps of captured information.
The new version 2.1 features:
- Two-way communication: Inputs from WebEOC are automatically updated in Mapper 2.1, and users can ‘write’ to WebEOC from the Mapper interface.
- Faster performance: Version 2.1 is based on the latest ESRI® and Adobe® Flex-based GIS technology.
- User accountability: Role-based security and audit logs provide complete control over process security and the user interface was redesigned for maximum usability.
- Improved ability to bring in data feeds from other systems: Users can quickly and easily add real-time GeoRSS data feeds (such as live earthquake feeds) and map layers (including WMS) right to the map.
- A new base map selection tool: The new “base map” menu allows users to easily switch between different base map sets.
- Preloaded data feeds: Version 2.1 includes live fire locations (from MODIS satellites), live hurricane tracks, and National Weather Service river depth gauges for all 50 U.S. states.
- Driving directions around roadblocks: A new routing tool enables users to calculate travel routes on a map that take into consideration barriers and roadblocks.
- Improved map icons: The ability to fully customize markers makes the map easier to read and interpret.
- Faster navigation: The new WebEOC “list view” on the map greatly improves ease-of-use and navigation.
To set up an online demonstration of Mapper Professional 2.1, please send an e-mail request to Email Contact.
Tucuxi (“Too-Koo-Shi,” www.tucuxisoftware.com) is a new joint venture company between ESi® ( www.ESi911.com) the global leader in crisis information management technology and 3-GIS ( www.3-GIS.com), a premier GIS software development and services company. Tucuxi provides geospatial situational awareness to crisis response teams and decision makers at national, state, and local agencies, healthcare providers, airlines and corporations worldwide during an event or daily operations. By delivering advanced products and end-to-end services from design, installation, and integration through maintenance, training, and 24/7 support, Tucuxi sets the standard for visualization in crisis information management. Tucuxi has offices in Augusta, GA and Decatur, AL.