LAS VEGAS — (BUSINESS WIRE) — January 5, 2010 — HP (NYSE: HPQ) today introduced a new range of powerful desktop and notebook PCs and displays designed to meet the performance and reliability demands of business users while helping businesses increase efficiency and reduce their impact on the environment.
Among the new products being announced are:
“HP continues to exceed customer expectations with a range of business products designed with both the environment and productivity in mind,” said Stephen DeWitt, senior vice president and general manager, Personal Systems Group, Americas, HP. “With great designs, energy-saving features and efficient, faster-performing products, customers can feel confident choosing HP products to better position themselves in the ever-competitive business world.”
The product introductions are part of a series of launches that will continue over the next few months, providing businesses the broadest mix of products to refresh their aging desktops, workstations and notebooks.
Business-class PCs and monitors designed with the environment in mind
The size of a ream of paper, the HP Compaq 8000f Elite Ultra Slim Desktop PC is 30 percent more energy efficient compared to previous models, engineered with reduced substances of concern – including the mouse, keyboard and power cord – and packaged in 100 percent paper-based recycled molded pulp cushions to help protect it in transit.(3)
The HP Compaq 8000f Elite is ENERGY STAR® qualified regardless of the configuration, registered EPEAT® Gold and includes the user-friendly HP Power Assistant, which helps business users maximize the system’s energy efficiency while reducing energy-related operating costs.(4)
HP Compaq 8100 Elite Desktop PC Series features 89 percent energy-efficient power supplies, supports energy-saving technologies such as solid state drives (SSDs) and offers HP power-management solutions that help support lower energy usage and costs. The series is EPEAT Gold registered and ENERGY STAR qualified, and the power supplies are rated 80 PLUS Gold.(5) Utilizing Microsoft operating systems, such as Windows 7(6) and future Intel® CoreTM or Core vPro processors, the HP Compaq 8100 Elite Series offers faster, multicore technology enabling intelligently maximized performance that can match most businesses’ workloads.
HP also introduced two displays, the HP Compaq LE19f and the HP Compaq LA22f Widescreen LCD Monitors. Available in 19- and 22-inch diagonal sizes, these displays are BFR/PVC-free(7) and contain no mercury. The displays are HP’s first to feature WLED low-power-consumption backlit panels. The HP Compaq LA22f is registered EPEAT Gold; the HP Compaq LE19f is registered EPEAT Silver; and both are ENERGY STAR 5.0 qualified and TCO 5.0 certified.
Durable notebooks designed for savvy mobile professionals
Drawing inspiration from aircraft design, HP has updated the look of its award-winning HP EliteBook lineup.
Depending on the model, HP EliteBooks offer a wide variety of configurable options such as choice of Intel Unified Mobile Access (UMA) or NVIDIA discrete graphics; choice of Intel Core i7 processors(8) or future Intel Core or Core vPro processors; and either high-definition (HD) or HD Plus resolution displays.(9) All new HP EliteBooks also come preloaded with HP SkyRoom,(10) an affordable, HD videoconferencing software(9) that offers live, real-time collaboration for face-to-face meetings.
The company also announced two new additions to the HP ProBook b-series. The HP ProBook 6440b and HP ProBook 6540b are aimed at corporate customers who want an affordable combination of business-critical and innovative features in a full-function notebook PC. Featuring future Intel Core processors, and available with 14-inch or 15.6-inch diagonal HD(9) LED-backlit widescreen displays, the new HP ProBook b-series PCs are ideal for users who need powerful, reliable performance.
The new HP EliteBook and HP ProBook notebook series include HP QuickWeb, which allows users to access the web in seconds when the notebook is shut down; HP QuickLook3, which allows users to look up and edit email, calendar and contacts without having to boot the notebook;(11) HP Power Assistant;(4) and spill-resistant keyboards with a drain.
Additionally, the HP Long Life Battery, which provides up to a three-year life span(12) – up to twice as long as most li-ion notebook batteries – will be a configurable option on the new HP EliteBook and HP ProBook b-series notebooks. This new technology reduces overall battery waste by requiring fewer batteries to be used over the life of the notebook.
The HP Notebook Projection Companion is an ideal notebook accessory for mobile users who want to make a big impression. Just 4 inches by 3 inches and weighing less than 1 pound, it can project an image up to 60 inches from a distance of 8.5 feet. Because the projector features an LED light source with up to 10,000 hours of usage life (up to five years of typical use) there are seldom any bulbs to buy or parts to replace, which helps reduce its total cost of ownership.
Performance made affordable in a new HP Z workstation
Extending the powerful line of HP Z Workstations to reach new affordable levels of performance, the HP Z200 Workstation is ideal for engineers and designers using Autodesk AutoCAD, photographers using Adobe Photoshop® and power office users.
Based on workstation-class architecture, design and software application certification, the HP Z200 taps the power of Intel’s newest technologies, offering dual-core processor options based on future Intel processors as well as quad-core processor options based on the enterprise-class Intel Xeon® 3400 family. As with all HP Z Workstations, the HP Z200 provides a flexible workstation platform with a range of options in Windows and Linux operating systems and a full range of independent software vendor (ISV) certifications.
HP also unveiled the HP Performance Advisor software tool, which acts as a personal system engineer to update a user’s workstation settings and drivers, ensure optimal performance, maximize stability and increase overall productivity. Exclusive to HP workstations and unique to the category, HP Performance Advisor is preinstalled on the HP Z200 and ships on all HP workstations at no additional cost. Additionally, all new HP Z Workstations come preloaded with HP SkyRoom.(10)
HP also introduced the HP ZR22w and HP ZR24w Performance Displays, which offer exceptional visual performance for demanding visual computing. Ideal for use with HP Z Workstations, these Performance Series displays are available in 21.5-inch diagonal and 24-inch diagonal sizes and offer IPS Panel technology, with 96 percent coverage of the sRGB gamut and 16.7 million colors at affordable prices. The HP ZR22w is ENERGY STAR 5.0 qualified and both displays feature an eight-way comfort-adjust stand.
Pricing and availability(13)
More information about the products, including product specifications and images, is available at www.hp.com/personal.
HP and the environment
For decades HP has been an environmental leader, driving company stewardship through its HP Eco Solutions program, which spans product design, reuse and recycling as well as energy and resource efficiency. HP influences industry action by setting high environmental standards in its operations and supply chain, by providing practical solutions to make it easier for customers to reduce their climate impact and through its research on sustainability solutions that support a low-carbon economy. More information is available at www.hp.com/ecosolutions.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
Note to editors: More news from HP, including links to RSS feeds, is available at http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/.
(1) HP Compaq 8000f Elite USDT Business PC is brominated flame retardant and polyvinyl chloride free (BFR/PVC-free); meeting the evolving definition of “BFR/PVC-free” as set forth in the “iNEMI Position Statement on the ‘Definition of Low-Halogen Electronics (BFR/CFR/PVC-Free).’” Plastic parts contain <1,000 ppm (0.1 percent) of bromine (if the Br source is from BFRs) and <1,000 ppm (0.1 percent) of chlorine (if the Cl source is from CFRs or PVC or PVC copolymers). All printed circuit board (PCB) and substrate laminates contain bromine/chlorine total <1,500 ppm (0.15 percent) with a maximum chlorine of 900 ppm (0.09 percent) and maximum bromine being 900 ppm (0.09 percent). Service parts after purchase may not be BFR/PVC-free.
(2) Testing was not intended to demonstrate fitness for U.S. Department of Defense contracts requirements or for military use. Test results are not a guarantee of future performance under these test conditions.
(3) Packaged in 100 percent recycled cushions; packaging is 100 percent recyclable.
(4) Power calculations and cost calculations are estimates. Results will vary based on variables, which include information provided by the user, time PC is in different power states (on, standby, hibernate, off), time PC is on battery or AC, hardware configuration, variable electricity rates and utilities provider. HP advises customers to use information reported by HP Power Assistant for reference only and to validate impact in their environment. Environmental calculations were based on U.S. EPA eGRID 2007 data found at www.epa.gov/egrid/. Regional results will vary.
(5) 80 Plus Gold recognition was granted from the 80 Plus Organization.
(6) Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware and/or a DVD drive to install the Windows 7 software and take full advantage of Windows 7 functionality. Details are available at www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/.
(7) HP Compaq LA22f and LE19f Widescreen LCD Monitors are brominated flame retardant and polyvinyl chloride-free (BFR/PVC-free); meeting the evolving definition of “BFR/PVC-free” as set forth in the “iNEMI Position Statement on the ‘Definition of Low-Halogen Electronics (BFR/CFR/PVC-Free).’” Plastic parts contain <1,000 ppm (0.1 percent) of bromine (if the Br source is from BFRs) and <1,000 ppm (0.1 percent) of chlorine (if the Cl source is from CFRs or PVC or PVC copolymers). All printed circuit board (PCB) and substrate laminates contain bromine/chlorine total <1,500 ppm (0.15 percent) with maximum chlorine of 900 ppm (0.09 percent) and maximum bromine being 900 ppm (0.09 percent). Service parts after purchase may not be BFR/PVC-free.
(8) 64-bit computing on Intel architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers and applications enabled for Intel 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on hardware and software configurations. More information is available at www.intel.com/info/em64t. QuadCore is designed to improve performance of multithreaded software products and hardware-aware multitasking operating systems and may require appropriate operating system software for full benefit. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(9) High-definition content required to view HD images.
(10) SkyRoom preinstalled on all new workstations; license and Internet access required. 90-day trial for HP EliteBooks.
(11) Accessible when the notebook is off in Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7-based systems; not supported from hibernation. Timing may vary depending on the system configuration. To enable the feature following the removal of the battery, reboot the notebook prior to subsequent use. HP QuickLook 3 on HP ProBook s-series requires configuration with Intel and DDR3 or AMD and DDR2. QuickWeb requires Internet access and is not available on HP ProBook s-series or HP Minis.
(12) Three-year limited warranty or 1,000 cycles. Battery cycles are the total number of full charge/discharge cycles a battery yields before it can no longer hold a useful amount of charge. More information is available at http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c00596784. Sold separately or purchased as an optional feature.
(13) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Microsoft, Windows and Windows Vista are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. ENERGY STAR is a registered mark owned by the U.S. government. Intel, Intel Core and Intel Xeon are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Adobe Photoshop is a trademark of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the achievement of expected results; and other risks that are described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2008 and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2007. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2010 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice.
The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth inn the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be constructed as constructing an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6132243&lang=en
Mike Hockey, +1-281-927-9379
Notebooks, Projection Companion
Melissa Zieger, +1-408-873-5045
Jim Christensen, +1-408-447-1678
Workstations, Displays, SkyRoom
Edelman for HP
Christine Wright, +1-415-385-4988