Longmont, CO, – January 18, 2010 – The management and distribution of addresses is a problem that has long challenged local government. Errors and inconsistencies in addressing lead to issues such as:
- Decreased Revenues – Missing and/or wrong addresses can lead to tax assessment and collection problems, e.g., if you can’t find it, you can’t tax it
- Public Safety – Errors and/or inconsistencies can cause emergency services to show up in the wrong place
- Voting – Errors can lead to votes being cast in the wrong district
- Distribution of Services – Incorrect addressing can affect how services dollars are distributed
- Cost of Maintenance – Maintaining multiple addressing systems can lead to duplication of effort, decreased efficiency, and bad data
- Customer Service – Addressing errors can lead to frustration by the public
By leveraging Spatial Focus’ wide ranging expertise in addressing and Farragut Systems’ proven enterprise addressing solutions, the combined team will be able to offer a complete, end-to-end solution for the management and distribution of addresses in local government.
“Spatial Focus has unmatched expertise in the assessment, design, and implementation of addressing solutions,” said Greg Anderson, President of Farragut Systems. “We believe that their experience, combined with Farragut’s enterprise addressing solution, is a combination that will offer the first real solution to the addressing breakdowns that plague local governments.”
“Farragut Systems has developed the industry’s most comprehensive enterprise addressing products,” said Martha Wells, Spatial Focus Partner. “What’s more, their solutions are well-designed, they incorporate industry best practices, and they are based on open standards.”
About Spatial Focus:
Spatial Focus is a GIS consulting firm which has been working in the areas of address repositories, data modeling and database design, data standards, and quality assurance for the past 10 years. As the co-chairs of URISA’s Address Standard Working Group and the co-authors of the URISA workshop, "Addressing and GIS/IT Implementation," the Partners of Spatial Focus have continued to lead the drive towards address standardization, integration, and dissemination within local government. For more information about Spatial Focus, visit www.spatialfocus.com.
About Farragut Systems:
Since 1994, Farragut Systems’ has been leading the way in using GIS technology to help departmental applications—and personnel—work better together in the service of local constituencies. Farragut combines commercial-off-the-shelf products such as AddressOne and ParcelSync™ with proven deployment expertise to ensure that each solution delivers the expected results. Farragut Systems is a Microsoft® Gold Partner and a longstanding ESRI® Business Partner. For more information about Farragut Systems, visit www.farragut.com.
AddressOne, Farragut Systems’ Enterprise Addressing Product, is a robust enterprise addressing solution that is specifically designed to meet the needs of local government. AddressOne provides the following benefits:
- Streamlines address creation, validation and maintenance using robust GIS-based tools
- Increases the accuracy and reliability of address data
- Provides the ability to centrally manage and standardize the use of both physical and mailing addresses
- Provides the ability to query and validate addressing information
- Maintains a complete history of retired and obsolete addresses
- Provides a robust set of web services that allows AddressOne to be integrated with other departmental applications
Bill Campbell, GISP
Farragut Systems, Inc.
1860 Industrial Circle, Suite D
Longmont, CO 80501
Email: Email Contact
Martha Wells, GISP
Spatial Focus, Inc.
6813 40th Ave
University Park, MD 20782
Email: Email Contact