Booth highlights how digital map data and content plays a role in various life experiencesLAS VEGAS, Jan. 5, 2011 — (PRNewswire) — NAVTEQ, the leading global provider of maps, traffic and location data enabling navigation, location-based services and mobile advertising around the world, is showcasing the latest innovative mapping products, devices, and solutions at the 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas (booth #36026, South Hall). The exhibit showcases how "location" is being leveraged to enhance every day consumer experiences, featuring NAVTEQ products and services as well as customer devices from leading third-party companies.
The NAVTEQ booth will offer visitors a first-hand look at how bundling products from NAVTEQ's advanced content portfolio makes it possible for companies to bring their end-users differentiated experiences. "NAVTEQ has long been focused on the various business opportunities offered by knowing someone's location," shared Dave Dale, vice president Americas Sales, NAVTEQ. "We wanted to utilize CES to demonstrate the numerous possibilities that come from leveraging location, all enabled by NAVTEQ's broad portfolio of advanced content. Additionally, NAVTEQ customers from around the world will be demonstrating how they are providing premium experiences, highlighting what's already possible."
The opportunities for leveraging for location are being demonstrated in two major areas within the booth: "Location is Life," which focuses on how NAVTEQ data and content can enhance people's experiences in everyday life, and "Location is Exploring," which highlights the experiences NAVTEQ content enables for people traveling and visiting places for the first time.
NAVTEQ will demonstrate how products and solutions enhance location-based experiences and opportunities, including:
- NAVTEQ Natural Guidance™: Visitors will view how this revolutionary product materially changes the way navigation systems and applications interact with end-users by enabling guidance the way humans provide directions to each other – through descriptive intuitive cues. At this kiosk, visitors will learn how devices using NAVTEQ Natural Guidance sound like directions coming from a friend riding alongside using recognizable and easily understandable points of reference such as "turn right at the large white tower."
- Location-Enabled Devices: Visitors will see how NAVTEQ's offerings are being used in the camera/camcorder industry, one of the newest areas in which location is being leveraged to enhance the device. Digital cameras and camcorders are now utilizing NAVTEQ map data and content to enable geotagging and GPS location positioning. Attendees can interact with cameras from Fujifilm, Panasonic and Sony with these location capabilities.
- NAVTEQ Visual Content: From 3D landmarks that replicate what you see out your windshield to 3D animation of guidance through complex motorway interchanges, this kiosk will demonstrate to attendees the type of visual content consumers have indicated they find valuable on their navigation systems.
- NAVTEQ TrafficOne: Visitors to this kiosk will see a demo of NAVTEQ's web-based map, traffic, commuter and trip planning service. This white label portal lets NAVTEQ customers extend their audience reach and advertising revenue opportunity to the Web, while helping their end users finally get the upper hand over their daily commutes.
- NAVTEQ Green Streets™: Using a variety of attributes in the NAVTEQ® map, NAVTEQ customers can create solutions that allow end-users to make smarter green choices. At this kiosk, visitors will learn how NAVTEQ enables green routing, green driving, and electric –hybrid vehicle fuel optimization that can be put to work towards a greener environment today.
The NAVTEQ booth will feature location-enabled devices from leading companies including: Coyote, Fujifilm, Garmin, Mobile Devices Ing. (MDI), NAV2, NAVIGON, NAVMAN, NNG (formerly Nav N Go), Panasonic and Sony.
"NAVTEQ is focused on enabling our customers to bring innovative and differentiated location-based solutions to the marketplace," said Jeff Mize, executive vice president, Sales, NAVTEQ. "Location and navigation have evolved rapidly and NAVTEQ is moving fast to bring next generation content to our customers so that they may offer enhanced location experiences to a person's everyday life."
To learn more about NAVTEQ's location-based solutions, visit booth #36026 in the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center at the International Consumer Electronics Show, January 6 through 9.
NAVTEQ is the leading global provider of maps, traffic and location data (digital location content) enabling navigation, location-based services and mobile advertising around the world. NAVTEQ supplies comprehensive digital location content to power automotive navigation systems, portable and wireless devices, Internet-based mapping applications and government and business solutions. The Chicago-based company was founded in 1985 and has approximately 5100 employees located in 212 offices in 48 countries.
Stella Smith of NAVTEQ
Email Contact for NAVTEQ