Powerful Features Enable Engineering Teams to Achieve Faster Test Results
SAN RAFAEL, Calif. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — August 1, 2011 — Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK), announced the availability of Autodesk Simulation CFD, the latest offering in the Autodesk simulation software portfolio, which builds on computational fluid dynamics capabilities that Autodesk gained in the Blue Ridge Numerics acquisition in March 2011.
Autodesk Simulation CFD builds on computational fluid dynamics capabilities that Autodesk gained in the Blue Ridge Numerics acquisition. (Photo: Business Wire)
Autodesk Simulation CFD software helps automate fluid flow and thermal simulation decision-making for designs, while eliminating costly physical prototyping cycles. Autodesk Simulation CFD introduces new integration with Autodesk Inventor Fusion software, allowing engineers to modify or simplify geometry quickly and easily from virtually any CAD system when running simulations.
Automated fluid flow and thermal simulations provide a cost-effective and faster alternative to physical testing methods that often lack a complete picture of design performance. Autodesk Simulation CFD provides a platform to help engineers gain competitive advantage and sustain growth through more efficient use of existing personnel and computing resources.
“Making informed, up-front decisions about air flow, fluid flow or electronics cooling is critical to help design and manufacture safer, quality products or construct more energy efficient buildings,” said Robert “Buzz” Kross, senior vice president, Manufacturing Industry Group at Autodesk. “Our customers expect the highest quality CFD software to drive profitability and compete more effectively at every step of the design process.”
Simulation Software Boosts Engineering Productivity
A host of new features in Autodesk Simulation CFD help engineers achieve more, faster:
- One-click simulation — New tools in Autodesk Simulation CFD simplify the use of simulation for every CAD engineer using CAD-entity groups and design study rules — providing a convenient way to set up a simulation in one-click and begin exploring flow and thermal design options.
- Design study automation — Several new features, such as the CAD-embedded design study builder and design study templates, enable engineers to avoid repetition of tasks when creating a design study.
- Remote solving — Autodesk Simulation CFD is built to support the design study process by making it easy to harness all available computational power on any user’s network. A new remote solving manager helps users set up and allocate workload across multiple workstations.
- Team environment — New workflow and collaboration functionality enables more team members to be involved on each project. Autodesk Simulation CFD provides a powerful 3D viewer that works inside web browsers, enabling everyone to evaluate simulation results, even if they don’t have an Autodesk Simulation CFD license.
- Decision center — Autodesk Simulation CFD extracts the data users need to drive design performance with new thermal image camera-like visualization capabilities and performance data output options to enhance decision making.
Autodesk, Inc., is a leader in 3D design, engineering and entertainment software. Customers across the manufacturing, architecture, building, construction, and media and entertainment industries -- including the last 16 Academy Award winners for Best Visual Effects -- use Autodesk software to design, visualize and simulate their ideas. Since its introduction of AutoCAD software in 1982, Autodesk continues to develop the broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art software for global markets. For additional information about Autodesk, visit www.autodesk.com.
Autodesk, AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, and Inventor are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. Academy Award is a registered trademark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Autodesk reserves the right to alter product and services offerings, and specifications and pricing at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document.
© 2011 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6813228&lang=en