Award honors IPC members who have exhibited ongoing leadership
BANNOCKBURN, Ill., USA, March 6, 2015 — IPC – Association Connecting Electronics Industries® announced the recipients of the first annual Dieter Bergman IPC Fellowship Award at IPC APEX EXPO® in San Diego, Calif. The IPC Fellowship Award honors IPC members who have exhibited ongoing leadership in developing and promoting IPC and global standardization efforts.
This recognition is given to individuals who have fostered a collaborative spirit, made significant contributions to standards development, and have consistently demonstrated a commitment to global standardization efforts and the electronics industry. Each recipient will be eligible to bestow the Dieter Bergman Memorial Scholarship upon the university or college of his/her choice.
The recipients of the inaugural award and their university or college of choice to receive the scholarship are:
- Don Dupriest, Lockheed Martin Missile & Fire Control (Texas A&M University-Commerce Foundation)
- Denny Fritz, SAIC (Rose Hulman Institute of Technology, Terre Haute, Indiana)
- Dave Hillman, Rockwell Collins (Iowa State University, Materials Science & Engineering (MSE) Dept.)
- Bernie Kessler, Bernard Kessler & Associates, Ltd. (University of Southern California, John Marshall School of Business)
- Bob Neves, Microtek (Changzhou) Laboratories (Pacific Union College, Engineering Dept.)
- Ray Prasad, Ray Prasad Consultancy Group (University of Washington, Nanofabrication Facility)
- Randy Reed, Viasystems Group, Inc. (South Dakota School of Mines and Technology)
- Doug Sober, Shengyi Technology Co. Ltd. (Clarion University, Chemistry Dept.)
"IPC and the entire electronics industry are fortunate to have these dedicated individuals volunteer their time and expertise to IPC standards and program development," said John Mitchell, IPC president and CEO. "Their work has enriched both the industry and IPC. I am thankful for their dedication and proud of all the award recipients."
For more information on the Dieter Bergman IPC Fellowship Award and this year's award recipients, contact Email Contact, IPC communications manager, at+1 847-597-2871.
IPC ( www.IPC.org) is a global industry association based in Bannockburn, Ill., dedicated to the competitive excellence and financial success of its 3,600 member companies which represent all facets of the electronics industry, including design, printed board manufacturing, electronics assembly and test. As a member-driven organization and leading source for industry standards, training, market research and public policy advocacy, IPC supports programs to meet the needs of an estimated $2 trillion global electronics industry. IPC maintains additional offices in Taos, N.M.; Washington, D.C.; Stockholm, Sweden; Moscow, Russia; Bangalore and New Delhi, India; Bangkok, Thailand; and Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Chengdu, Suzhou and Beijing, China.