NEW YORK — (BUSINESS WIRE) — June 23, 2011 — As the DoD reallocates spending, it is clear that traditional product and capability development must adapt to support the warfighter at current levels using fewer resources.
Warfighter capability requirements rapidly change and support organizations must be equipped to respond with agility and accuracy. Advances in modeling and simulation provide researchers, test directors, and engineering managers with the tools to create necessary technology at a reduced cost and in a shorter timeframe.
ANSYS, Inc. offers these tools by developing, marketing, and supporting engineering simulation software used to predict how product designs will operate and how manufacturing processes will behave in real-world environments.
In order to address this timely issue, ANSYS, will sponsor IDGA’s Engineering Simulation for Military Technology Summit. The Summit will present best practices from forward thinking organizations along with technology and processes to improve the speed of capability development from research to fielding.
During the main summit, Robert Harwood, Ph.D., Aerospace and Defense Industry Director of ANSYS, will discuss the Impact of Engineering Simulation of Research, Development, Test and Engineering.
Hear from other key leaders include:
- Mr. Russell Howard, SES, Director of Engineering and Technical Management, Air Force Materiel Command
- Col William Cooley, USAF, Materiel Wing Director, Space Vehicles, Commander, Philips Research Site, Air Force Research Laboratory
- Dr. James Elele, Branch Head, BMVV (220.127.116.11), M&S IPT Lead, T&E, PMA-261, Battlespace M&S Division, NAVAIR
- William Urschel, Chief Architect, Aeronautical Systems Center, Air Force Materiel Command
- Mr. Scott Alexander, Director, Modeling and Simulation Program, Missile Defense Agency
For more information on speaking, exhibiting or attending the Engineering Simulation for Military Technology Summit, visit www.SimulationEngineeringSummit.com or contact Lindsay Kuczera at Email Contact.
The Institute for Defense & Government Advancement (IDGA) is a non-partisan information-based organization dedicated to the promotion of innovative ideas in public service and defense. IDGA brings together communities comprised of military, government, vendors and academia for education, networking and advancing the communities in which it serves. For more information, please visit http://www.idga.org.
Lindsay Kuczera, 212-885-2679
Email: Email Contact