1.0 release of ADO.NET (based on native FileGDB version 1.1) is now available for download from:
You still have to download esri FileGDB dlls (1.1). Both 32/64 bits are available in both in debug and release. Also .NET 3.5 (VS 2008) and .NET 4.0 (VS 2010) are also available for download.
In addition to the FileGDB API, the following functionalities are supported:
- All spatial queries are supported (contains, crosses, touch, within, disjoint, overlap, intersect)
- The provider includes a geometry library which includes Point, MultiPoint, Envelope, Polyline, Polygon, MultiPatch
- The spatial query in the ADO.NET provider for the FileGDB are not limited to the envelope, any geometry from the provided geometry library and any spatial relation can be used in the query.
- Geometries can be converted to different format such as SqlGeometry, SqlGeography, OGIS GML format, and others
- The provider also includes a set of proxies that allows you to work with the FileGDB schema objects. For instance, you can work with Field proxy object insead of the Field XML geodatabase schema. Please check the sample (on WIKI link above) for how to use these proxies to create and update the FileGDB schema
- You can create a Geodataset (in memory dataset object) for the FileGDB, you can diconnected from the FileGDB, and work with the Geodataset in memory database object, edits the data and then later checkin the edits back to the FileGDB. Please see the sample on how to use the provider for editing the filegdb geodatabase
- A set of Error exception classes are provided to simplify dealing with errors. The exception classes contains all the error information returned from the FileGDBAPI.