GISCafe
   >> GIS - Remote Sensing; Imagery
Thread views: 1276 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

pschles
(Stranger )
07/07/15 08:13 AM
Sentinel 1A Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I am looking for Sentinel 1A users who have had success working with these data using the Sentinel 1 Toolbox at ESA. Though it ingests data and does some things, but I have had very little real success using it and would welcome assistance from anyone who might have had good experience with those data and that tool, and/or any other tool that works well with Sentinel 1A. I need to do Terrain Correction mostly as I can access other tools for further processing. There are many errors that occur without support. Peter

Peter Schlesinger
CATIE/Turrialba, CR
University of Idaho/Moscow

sperryville
(Stranger )
07/30/15 06:11 AM
Re: Sentinel 1A new [re: pschles]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello Peter,

I too had considerable difficulties with getting the Sentinel Toolbox but it finally came through with some help of Canadian colleagues (it was developed by a Canadian outfit, drawing upon years of Radarsat experience). I think we may have been stymied at the same point. The Terrain Correction module accesses DEMs from an ESA FTP site which was not possible on the network. You can test for this by going to Help > Test Connectivity and seeing if the FTP connections go through. I had to create a workaround to do this by downloading all of the DEMs separately from the site and mosaicking together the appropriate DEMs for the Radar images.

In any case, it is true that the error messages are not very helpful.

Michael

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
Teledyne Optech
University of Denver GIS Masters Degree Online
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy