GISCafe
   >> GIS - Remote Sensing; Imagery
Thread views: 1480 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

bentojb
(Stranger )
11/19/12 10:20 PM
Difficulties working with raster images Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I have two NAIP satellite images that I have been working with in ArcMap. They are provided with three bands (R-G-B) and I have clipped them, converted them to ASCII and imported them into IDRISI as an IDRISI raster. I have had some issues with them once they are in IDRISI, specifically not being able to get a good color composite image from the three bands and difficulties getting a good classification.

Has anyone had any experience with this type of thing when working from ArcMap into IDRISI? IDRISI has a forum but it is a ghost town and I never get any replies. This is for my masters thesis project and I am getting desperate!

pbeaty
(Stranger )
11/29/12 04:36 AM
Re: Difficulties working with raster images new [re: bentojb]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

NAIP are aerials, not  satellite. The data are delivered as JPEG 2000 (JP2), GeoTIFF and MrSID image data formats. IDRISI should read all of these formats without using ArcGIS at all, as the youngest is about 10 years old.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Optech
softmouse 3D
GIS Technical Project Manager
GIS Analyst
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Click here for Internet Business Systems © 2014 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 210, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408) 850-9202 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and EngineeringEDACafe - Electronic Design AutomationTechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes	MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and EngineeringShareCG  - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy