GISCafe
   >> GIS Tools
Thread views: 1862 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

delcadarn
(Stranger )
08/03/11 03:52 PM
Open Source web server Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Dear all,

I am calling upon your Open Source expertise. I'm currently working on an  online [censored] map for a community project. I am trying to find the right map server or web map services that would enables us to make the most of this project. I feel a little overhelmed with all the different options online and thought you could maybe make a few recommendations.

Here are some more details on what I am looking for.

At its most basic, I look for a server that enables to see georeferenced features on a basemap, click on a feature to display more information and also edit information. Ideally I am looking for a mapserver supporting WFS, enabling the display of multiple layers (that could be switched on/off) supporting simple queries ( intersect, buffer) and maybe also enabling links and photos.

Unfortunately there are two main constraints: my limited knowledge in programming (I only know a little python and no java whatsoever) and user-friendliness of the finished platform is essential as it is aimed to local communities with limited computer skills.

Merci,

D

Jump to

Trimble
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy