GISCafe
   >> GIS Tools
Thread views: 44325 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

wiyean
(Stranger )
05/20/05 02:15 AM
How to convert geotiff from Cassini to WGS884 ? Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Anyone can help ? how can we do a conversion in order to convert raster from cassini to wgs84 ?

Tq

scrabblehack
(Stranger )
05/23/05 07:07 AM
Re: How to convert geotiff from Cassini to WGS884 ? new [re: wiyean]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'm not sure this question makes any sense. Cassini is a projection. WGS84 is a datum.

scrabblehack
(Stranger )
05/23/05 08:05 AM
Re: How to convert geotiff from Cassini to WGS884 ? new [re: wiyean]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'm new to this forum, and I tried responding a few minutes ago. I don't see my response though.

I was pointing out that Cassini is a projection, whereas WGS84 is a datum.

Perhaps you meant geographic WGS84? Unfortunately to really do it right you would have to know which datum your projection is in.

If you're working in Arc/Info, you would want a projection file something like this;

INPUT
PROJECTION CASSINI
UNITS METERS
DATUM NAD27
PARAMETERS
OUTPUT
PROJECTION GEOGRAPHIC
UNTS DD
DATUM WGS84
PARAMETERS
END

It won't work as is; you would have to specify parameters for your Cassini projection, including the correct datum.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy