>> GIS Tools
Thread views: 3123 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

(Stranger )
03/11/10 08:36 AM
Routing Based on DEM Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I want to find out routes between two given observer positions e.g. shortest routes, least cost routes etc. based on digital elevation model. Furthermore, i want to apply certain kind of restrictions on the selection of routes:

1. Vertices of the routes should be on the edge of a road, canal bank, or railway track.
2. Slope on the DEM along the line between vertices of the route should be within a given value.
3. Any two consecutive vertices should be intervisible and not viewable from some specific given point.

Can anybody tell me that which software provides this functionality. In case if no package is available to solve such a problem, using which technologies i can solve this problem.

Jump to

Teledyne Optech
University of Denver GIS Masters Degree Online
Bentley: YII 2016 - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy