GISCafe
   >> GIS User News and Reviews
Thread views: 2924 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

(Unregistered)
06/10/13 05:42 AM
Tech Guru Pushes For Know-All Shop Assistants Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Tech Guru Pushes For Know-All Shop Assistants

Use this link to read the full article

Joe Carter
(Unregistered)
06/10/13 05:42 AM
You're kidding, aren't you... new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

This is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard of. When will this kind of idiocy stop? When will push purchasing be implemented? Do I really still need to go through the bother of deciding whether or not I want something? Or can afford it? Can't GIS & Know-All assistants improve my life by helping me become a 100% passive consumer...?

whereami
(Stranger )
06/10/13 11:43 AM
Re: You're a bit paranoid, aren't you... new [re: Joe Carter]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

>> idiocy stop
Hmm, well, given that notifications like these are typically "opt-in", not sure any paranoia is warranted.

>> when will push purchasing be implemented
Tech for that has existed for some time now. Only of course with your permission; wouldn't make much sense without it.

>>GIS ... passive consumer
Seems to me GIS is a tool, like any other can be used, misused, or not used. Or, if you don't really understand it, I suppose you could panic and invent fears about it. Whatever works for you.

John Smith
(Unregistered)
06/11/13 03:16 PM
John Smith new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

How is "the latest GIS technology" involved here? There are tons of apps already on the app store that alert the user when approaching a shopping mall and offer to send coupons. Its simply a matter of getting a users gps location. No GIS technology is needed to implement this idea, though terrible it may be.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
Teledyne Optech
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy