GISCafe
   >> GIS Job Postings
Thread views: 31830 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
shixon
(Stranger )
09/16/08 12:08 AM
GIS GIS Job Interview Questions? Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I am applying to Entry Level GIS Technician and/or Geospatial Analyst positions and wondering if anyone had any recommendations for GIS specific interview preparations? Do most employers require testing with actual software at the interviews and/or have GIS specific questions? Thanks so much for any advice. ~Sarah

PS I am new to the GISCafe so perhaps this is not the coeerct area to post this question?

GISZONE
(Stranger )
11/15/08 09:16 AM
Re: GIS GIS Job Interview Questions? new [re: shixon]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Shixon,

1)I have been to several interviews and it was 50/50 change to be tested.  In a couple of interviews I had a written test and some a had hands on.

In the written test I had question such as:  What is the 5 elements required for a map?   Name 3 ESRI Extensions?  What type of license does ESRI offer?

For the hands on they requested that I bring in a couple of layers. (They did provide the location).  They requested that I started editing the layer?  Change the coordinate system?  Tell them how many features where in that layer?  Change colors!  Pretty much it was very beginner type of questions. 

My recommendation to you is to get yourself confortable with the basics.  Learn the basic terminology.  Try to figure out what software they are using prior to the interview, and learn a little bit about. 

GIS field is a very broad, and employers are aware of that.  Just remind them you are willing to learn if you don't know the subject.

I hope this help out! Good luck!

www.giszone.com

jerryvn01
(Stranger )
07/10/10 12:34 AM
Re: GIS GIS Job Interview Questions? new [re: GISZONE]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

Tks again and pls keep posting.

Edited by jerryvn01 on 07/10/10 12:34 AM.

mrngorickets
(Stranger )
03/31/11 06:36 PM
Re: GIS GIS Job Interview Questions? new [re: shixon]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi

This topic help me a lot in developing my project. I will contribute more when I finished it.

mrngorickets
(Stranger )
04/10/11 06:36 PM
Re: GIS GIS Job Interview Questions? new [re: mrngorickets]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: Free interview questions

Best regards.

hamburg113
(Stranger )
08/05/11 06:38 AM

Hi

You can find this info by using search box in the top of website with some keywords related before posting questions.

Edited by hamburg113 on 08/05/11 06:40 AM.

hamburg113
(Stranger )
08/16/11 05:06 AM
Re: GIS GIS Job Interview Questions? new [re: hamburg113]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit:

Art interview questions

Best regards.

seocentong
(Stranger )
03/27/12 06:41 PM

An entrepreneur is usually asked the honesty and how to deal with the problems encountered when the facts do not fit

By : GIS Study

Celebrity Fashio

scrabblehack
(Newbie)
03/29/12 07:59 AM
Re: GIS GIS Job Interview Questions? [re: seocentong]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Wow, I am surprised (and pleased) that skills tests are coming back in style.  When I was starting my career most prospective employers would ask me things like "what was my most satisfying experience?"  "what was your biggest disappointment?" 

tua022012
(Stranger )
08/30/12 07:40 PM
Re: GIS GIS Job Interview Questions? new [re: scrabblehack]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I agree with you. Your points of view make me thinking about some thing for my project.

I also find more materials that may be useful for you:Executive assistant interview questions

Pls try to keep posting. Tks and best regards

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

softmouse 3D
GIS Technical Project Manager
GIS Analyst
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Click here for Internet Business Systems © 2014 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 210, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408) 850-9202 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and EngineeringEDACafe - Electronic Design AutomationTechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes	MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and EngineeringShareCG  - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy