>> Data and Metadata
Thread views: 2571 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

(Stranger )
03/13/12 07:53 AM
Access to OS Address Point data Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I work in the academic sector and am geocoding a batch of several thousand uk addresses for a research project, using the OS Code Point Open database. Around 200 of the address have post codes that are absent from this database, presumably because the are on the 'discard' list (i.e. the OS deem the addresses within the postcode to be too dispersed and/or inaccurate to give the postcode a meaningful geospatial centre).

For statistical reasons, we can't afford to ignore these addresses. So I need the geocode of the actual address (i.e. OS Address Point data) for these, rather than just geocoding the postcodes.

Sadly, we can't afford to license the whole OS Address Point database, and we have no institutional access. We just need OS Address Point geocodes for these 200 or so addresses.

Does anyone know a service, commercial or otherwise, that can provide small numbers of OS Address Point geocodes?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

(Stranger )
08/16/12 03:47 AM
Re: Access to OS Address Point data new [re: simshef]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

You have probably worked around this by now - I've only just joined the forum.  I work in the academic sector too.  I have a copy of Address Point for Great Britain for late 2004 - out of date but largely relevant still.  If I can help you with this please let me know.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Teledyne Optech
Textron - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy