GISCafe
   >> Business Geographics
Thread views: 8998 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

GIS_Pro
(Stranger )
03/21/07 01:08 PM
GIS Salaries Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Most advice I read on-line urges job hunters to thoroughly research salaries of the positions in which they are interested. This is, obviously, quite crucial information to have when salary and compensation is negotiated. I am able to find all sorts of information about salaries pertaining to my current GIS position all over North America...this much is easy.

However, what if I'm approached by a US based company asking me if I would be interested in the same job, but in one of their operations outside of North America? It is my understanding that such jobs can pay considerably more than the same job locally....but how much more? Typically these organizations never advertize their salaries, opting instead to negotiate the compensation for each position separately.

Is there a way of learning what US based companies typically pay to their North American staff and workers who accept positions outside of North America? How does one know where to start their salary negotiation for such a job? Is there perhaps a "rule of thumb" that one needs to follow before submitting that all important first salary bid to a potential employer (i.e. 30%-50% more than one is currently earning)? The salary calculators I see on-line usually only offer calculations for cities, states and provinces within North America, but offer no hints about what some people may have accepted as compensation for foreign jobs.

Thanks

Jump to

Trimble
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy