>> GIS Education
Thread views: 47796 *View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

(Stranger )
08/07/01 08:44 AM
Garmin Format Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I own a Garmin eMap GPS and also have the necessary raw GIS data of
Greece in the following format on my PC: Athens.sdf, Athens.sif. How may I
convert them to the Garmin format to be used on the eMap?

-- Question from one of our readers

(Stranger )
08/31/01 06:58 AM
Re: Garmin Format new [re: Susan]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I?m sure that you have thought of the folowing but just in case:
Those types of files I don?t know but open the files in the program that you have to view them and see if you can export the file to a certain type of ASCII text or delimited text format, then try to download a program from internet that will convert those text files to a DXF file or maybe -depending on the data type- you will be able to convert it to WPT or TRK files, which can then be uploaded to your GPS with a normal up-download program sutch as the onje I?m using called PCX5.

Hope I could be of any assistance.

(Stranger )
09/06/01 11:17 AM
Re: Garmin Format new [re: Susan]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I am not sure if this page has what you are looking for but it is extensive for Garmin GPS users.

European Director
Integral GIS Inc
Spandauer str 4, A1002
Berlin, Germany

*View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Teledyne Optech
Teledyne: - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy