GISCafe
   >> GIS Education
Thread views: 4131 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

crimsomstar
(Stranger )
06/23/09 03:55 PM
Question about GIS as a career Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I am 23 yrs old and ready to go back to college and start my career. I've looked through all of the different programs that my college offers and GIS has really peaked my interest, but as I try and find more information I keep running into the same few bits of information over and over again.  The technology is very interesting to me but what I'm wondering is what kind of job physically is it? are you always at the computer inputing data and programming or do you go out in the field. Are there certain types of job skills that a person should aquire going into the degree program like surverying or is that not neccessary. I live in North Dakota and as are state is growing more and more(population wise) the need is also going to go up. I guess just any information I can get opinions ideas I'll take anything. I have no prior experience in GIS or computers so I'm a complete newbie :) but this career is something I think I could do for ever and be happy and that's all I want. Thanks to anyone who can send any info my way.

Jump to

Trimble
Teledyne Optech
University of Denver GIS Masters Degree Online
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy