GISCafe
   >> GIS Education
Thread views: 2908 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Tanya Sawant
(Stranger )
03/29/11 11:34 AM
Displaying data on Maps Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Scenario - I am developing a GIS application that will display Census data on a Map. i have developed a UI wherein the user wl select attributes (eg-avg expenses on farm per county or state) and i need to display this data on a Map (categorize the output data in diff ranges and display results in diff color schemes on Map). The data comes from an XML file

Problem -

I m newbie in maps concept. i dont know wht software to use to display data on maps etc. need help

i have come up 2 ideas but need clarity wid dem :-

1) Either can use Google earth and display the results as a layer created dynamically ( but how to do it ???????)Frown

2) or take up a static map (image of the entire continent) and den display data on it in different color schemes after categorizing it. for it i need to known lat and longi of every state n every county etc etc so that the results is pointed on tht xact location 

(but how to do it ???????)Frown

(i tried with hotspots or image map concept of html (but is nt d correct sol) )

Need guidance for above

any other easy solution other than above will be appreciated but plz elaborate how to go wid it ....

Thanks Smile

Tanya Sawant
(Stranger )
03/31/11 09:35 AM
Re: Displaying data on Maps new [re: Tanya Sawant]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I m eagerly waiting for a reply ....

Plz suggest something ???? let me know if something is unclear in my above post 

thks

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
Teledyne Optech
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy