>> GIS - Remote Sensing; Imagery
Thread views: 5888 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

(Stranger )
07/23/09 04:45 PM
My remote sensing independent study Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

hello guys, am new to Giscafe. am a post graduate student of university of glamorgan, studing geographical information system. am currently doing an idependent study on the monitoring of glaciers using remote trying to do an analysis(ndsi- normalised difference snow and ice index) on some landsat images of a polar region, using erdas imagine 9.2. apperently this erdas imagine version has no ndsi. i need suggestions on other image transformation analysis i can perform on glacier topographies using erdas imagine 9.2 to show changes in glaciers mass.

Edited by koldasaik on 07/23/09 05:03 PM.

(Stranger )
07/27/09 10:02 AM
Re: My remote sensing independent study new [re: koldasaik]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

All of ERDAS IMAGINE's indices are built on Spatial Modeler programming language (indeed, about 95% of Image Interpreter.) The Model Maker provides a graphical design tool to build spatial models in the Spatial Modeler programming language. Personally, I would open the Indices application and select "View" to see the NDVI model and modify that for my needs.

If you choose this method, be sure to remove the stretch to 8-bit option if you do not need it, and use Save As to create your new model.

Using this method, NDSII for TM of (TM3-TM5)/(TM3+TM5) and NSDI (TM2-TM5)/(TM2+TM5) should be very straight forward; even the NSDII for SPOT 4 & 5 of (B2-MIR)/(B2+MIR) should be simple as well.

Edited by pbeaty on 07/27/09 10:04 AM.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Teledyne: - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy