GISCafe
   >> GIS - Remote Sensing; Imagery
Thread views: 5593 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

osfarms
(Stranger )
11/30/09 04:04 AM
Isolate Plants Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I need help isolating plants from Imagery.  The images contact large fields with small plants (approx diam  0.2m).  I need to be able to identify each pixel that contains at least one plant.  I would like to be able to do this using digital imagery without using multispectral.  But can use multispectral if there is no way around it.

Emaps
(Stranger )
02/04/11 09:28 AM
Re: Isolate Plants new [re: osfarms]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi

What type of imagery are you planning to use? What is the pixel size?

Best regards,
Eva Willerslev
Emaps

pbeaty
(Stranger )
11/15/11 05:33 AM
Re: Isolate Plants new [re: osfarms]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Your spatial resolution should be 2x what you want to 'find' to get solid results. You can do otherwise, but your accuracy starts to decrease.

If you have Near Infrared imagery with visible read as well, run a vegetation index, and threshold out your plants. Once you have your plants identified, you can run a clump to make each plant ‘crown’ a separate ‘raster polygon.’

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
Teledyne Optech
University of Denver GIS Masters Degree Online
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy