GISCafe
   >> GIS - Remote Sensing; Imagery
Thread views: 4761 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

rajachadha
(Stranger )
09/02/13 09:49 PM
DEM generation from ASTER image using LPS new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello everyone,

I tried to generate DEM from stereo ASTER image (AST_L1A) using Leica Photogrammetry Suit 2011 version. For this purpose, I used orbital pushbroom ASTER geometric model for block creation. But when I added the ASTER image (HDF format) in block this show error message (ast_l1a_530.hdf> is not an appropriate file for this type of sensor model).

I am not able to figure out the problem. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

geocurious
(Stranger )
09/10/13 08:57 AM
Re: DEM generation from ASTER image using LPS [re: rajachadha]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I didn't know ASTER had elevation data?! I thought it was just a raster of color like other aerial photography!

joe@erdas.com
(Stranger )
09/10/13 09:28 AM
Re: DEM generation from ASTER image using LPS new [re: geocurious]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello,

First of all you can create DEM's from stereo pairs providing you have the correct sensor model information and a triangulated solution for the imagery. With this triangulated information the parallax from the imagery can be exploited to create DEM's.
I'm not sure exactly why you can't get this working, but i would be more than happy to look into it for you. Send me an email with the block file attached and i will see if i can point out any errors. Otherwise, i may need to ask for the imagery and try to recreate it myself or have my support team help me out. Here is my email: Joe@erdas.com
Regards,
Joe

rajachadha
(Stranger )
09/11/13 09:37 PM
Re: DEM generation from ASTER image using LPS new [re: joe@erdas.com]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi,

Thank you very much for reply. I have sent block file, massage error (jpgs) and ASTER 1A image (HDF format) at your email address.
Please check the files (block file and ASTER data) and suggest me accordingly.

Thank you very much for your efforts and support.

Best regards

Raj

joe@erdas.com
(Stranger )
09/12/13 11:52 AM
Re: DEM generation from ASTER image using LPS new [re: rajachadha]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I do not appear to have an email from you. Perhaps with all the data the email was too large. please send me an email void of attachments and we can use my file transfer to pass the data. try using my other email address joe.mostowy@intergraph.com

joe@erdas.com
(Stranger )
09/13/13 12:28 PM
Re: DEM generation from ASTER image using LPS new [re: joe@erdas.com]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Raj,

The HDF file format still requires that it be imported first. It’s like a wrapper on the image itself. After using the ASTER hdf importer it creates a .img file that can then be added to the BLK project. After you have imported the hdf file into and img file you can then add it to the project file. I hope this answers your question satisfactorily.
joe

joe@erdas.com
(Stranger )
09/17/13 10:12 AM

Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 5:38 AM
To: Mostowy, Joseph J
Subject: Re: ASTER DEM LPS Problem.

Hello Joe,
Now It is working. Thank you very much for support.
Cheers

Nana111
(Stranger )
11/03/13 11:36 PM
Re: DEM generation from ASTER image using LPS new [re: rajachadha]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi there
I usually process my image using this imaging program:
http://www.rasteredge.com/how-to/csharp-imaging/
But it can not work after my updating fo windows 8.So i want to get
an image program which supports to work with windows 8.Thanks for any suggestion.

blueimage
(Stranger )
05/15/14 12:59 AM
Re: DEM generation from ASTER image using LPS new [re: Nana111]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

hello, Nana111, i have go the the link you give to use, in the website it says this .net image programming application is compatilbe with verious versions of Windows systems. have you installed image program or not? you may try once more.

Edited by blueimage on 05/15/14 01:01 AM.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
Teledyne Optech
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy