GISCafe
   >> GIS - Remote Sensing; Imagery
Thread views: 3125 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

agkasch
(Stranger )
08/04/15 04:30 PM
Mosaicking Aerial Imagery new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I am processing a large quantity of very high resolution RGB Imagery (tiffs add up to 5-9 gigs of information). Much of the imagery has very little contrast I am having trouble pre processing the imagery so the colors match up well enough to form a seamless mosaic. What pre-processing software programs are people using out there? What is a good resource to learn how to pre-process imagery like this? What mosaicking software are people using that produce good results without having to mess with the seamlines manually? Any insight would be amazing. Thanks!

echappel
(Stranger )
08/05/15 05:03 AM
Re: Mosaicking Aerial Imagery new [re: agkasch]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello,

I work for the ImageStation software development group at Intergraph. We have products specifically designed to perform the tasks you want to perform; ImageStation OrthoPro and ImageStation PixelQue. If you are able to share your data set, I would be glad to try processing the data per your requirements and see if we can come up with a usable solution for you.

HTH,
Eric

agkasch
(Stranger )
08/05/15 10:03 AM
Re: Mosaicking Aerial Imagery [re: echappel]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi Eric,

I would love to upload some images for you. I usually use filezilla; would that work for you? Also, The problem with a small dataset is that it always seems to come out perfect. It is the larger datasets with more overlap and more contrast that tend to have ugly seamlines. We fly two flight lines and it tends to to happen on the vertical seamlines. I can try to upload around 6 images or so; 3 from each flight line. That may work.

Thanks!

Ani

echappel
(Stranger )
08/05/15 10:22 AM
Re: Mosaicking Aerial Imagery new [re: agkasch]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi Ani,

Actually, 9GB is pretty small by our standards, so if you could post the whole thing I would gladly give it a go. Whatever works best for you. I've just downloaded Filezilla so  we can try that route first.

Thx,
Eric

agkasch
(Stranger )
08/05/15 10:32 AM
Re: Mosaicking Aerial Imagery new [re: echappel]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Great! Would you prefer the raw IIQ files? Or would you rather have Tiffs? Both sets of filese have imbeded geo data including lat/long, altitude, roll, pitch and yaw. To use filezilla I need your server address for Host, and a usename and password if that is necessary.

Ani

echappel
(Stranger )
08/05/15 10:50 AM

OK, so perhaps I have opened a can of worms here... :-) I was thinking you had GeoTIFFs, but now that you mention roll, pitch, yaw, I'm assuming that these are not ortho rectified, correct? Also, could we continue this through regular email? My address is echappel@intergraph.com. 

As for the file transfer, I am not authorized to setup an ftp host on our domain. We do have another mechanism for sending files, let me do some exploring and see if I can send you a link for uploading. I have a meeting here in a few minutes so I might not get back to you 'til later today or possibly tomorrow.

Tx,
Eric

geomi
(Stranger )
09/01/15 01:26 PM

Ani, do you still need help with this? We have software that orthorectifies imagery and color balances the result. --Mark, Lockheed Martin

agkasch
(Stranger )
09/01/15 02:18 PM
Re: Mosaicking Aerial Imagery new [re: geomi]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi Mark,

I have found one software that does a pretty good job, but I am still very interested in other options that might work better. What is the software you use? Does it mosaic in addition to orthorectification and color balancing? 

Thanks,

Ani

geomi
(Stranger )
09/03/15 09:17 AM

Ani,

Yes, it mosaics. It is described here http://lockheedmartin.com/us/news/features/2015/GEOMi-From-Thousands-Of-Images-a-Clear-Picture.html. I will follow up with a private message.

Mark

krbjones
(Stranger)
10/09/15 01:37 PM

Hi there,

PCI Geomatics provides excellent tools for large ortho mosaic projects. We also have [censored] Quality Assurance tools to automatically or manually adjust the issues you are having.

I encourage you to download Geomatica (www.GetGeomatica.com) and to watch some of our YouTube videos (here is a playlist with 6 videos on our tools: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLi-1RJ8J3xJlIc1jSTpAXDY61PnUyCd7c).

BTW, our OrthoMosaic technology has been used by important customers such as Esri to process 50 million km2. in their case they procesed 350,000 images using our technology on the Amazon Cloud with our technology.

All the best,

Kevin

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy