GISCafe
   >> GIS - Remote Sensing; Imagery
Thread views: 39447 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

ANITA
(Stranger )
10/18/06 09:44 AM
radiometric correction of Landsat Data Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi,
for my Master-Thesis in marine ecology I will map changes in mangrove-distribution over a period of 30 years in BCS, Mexico, using Landsat MSS, TM and ETM+ data provided by GLCF. To compare the images of different time periods I need to correct them radiometrically. My question now is: is it necessary to do the calibration using this algorithm, which involves gain, bias, sun elevation,...? Because I cant find this information in the Metadata of the images of 1990. I read papers, where there was simply done radiometric correction by doing Normalization processes through linear regression. Would that technique be enough for my purposes? I am not a remote sensing student, but a biologist, so I try to keep my analysis simple but - of course- appropriate. Thank you very much for your help.
Anna

bagar
(Stranger )
10/20/06 01:31 AM
Re: radiometric correction of Landsat Data new [re: ANITA]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi Anita;
To compare your images, you will need to correct them radiometrically and also for atmospheric effects. The radiometric correction can be done in certain softwares which access the signal gain and offset data over the web and make the appropriate adjustments for you.
The atmospheric corrections are more difficult and require the isolation of the atmospheric spectrum and its removal by a dark-subtraction techinque. The atmospheric spectrum can be found in pixels over deep water. Finally, the normalisation process you refer to is still required to convert your data to pseudo-reflectance.
I am happy to correspond further should you need more help.
Regards,
Bob

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy