>> GIS Tools
Thread views: 5180 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

(Stranger )
01/08/09 11:16 AM
How can I share a digital map? Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I work for a utility company and we recently converted to GIS ArcFM from Microstation. My section processes map requests for other local agencies designing projects around our utilities. The first step in the preliminary design is when they request a digital map from us. We would then email the map from Microstation and they would use it to lay it over their plans in order to design around the utilities in the area or determine any utility conflicts. Is there a way to do this in GIS.  There are way too many layers to convert this into a Shape file and besides our data is too sensitive to provide any attributes, etc. My GIS dept. says that our only option is PDF but now we are dealing with many upset consultants.

Are there any other possible solutions?

Jump to

Teledyne: - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy