GISCafe
   >> GIS Tools
Thread views: 3635 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Brian25
(Stranger )
09/09/09 07:00 AM
Linking Images to Shapefiles in ArcMap/ArcView Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi all,

I am currently working on a project at my work in which I will be mapping barriers for persons with disabilities in the built environment near transit stops at my work, and I have a question for all of you; is there any way you can link image files to point features in a shapefile in ArcMap? 

My boss wants me to create an interface in which one could click (or just scroll over it) on a feature and see a picture of said barrier.  The initial demo database which I am developing for him will be developed in ArcMap (I’m looking up barrier information at the present through Google Street View), but will be using a Trimble device equipped with ArcPad once it is time to develop the real database.

My boss is not trained in GIS, and I have never done anything like this before.  Do any of you know of any way in which this can be done?

Jump to

Trimble
Teledyne Optech
University of Denver GIS Masters Degree Online
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy