GISCafe
   >> GIS Tools
Thread views: 3942 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

analystE
(Stranger )
07/18/12 02:43 PM
Draw a polygon, harvest street addresses inside? How? Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I am not a GIS professional.  I work with a GIS professional, but, she didn't know the answer to this question.  I want to draw a polygon and then harvest all street addresses which fall within it.  Can that be done?  Can someone recommend a database and a program which can do it? 

In the graphic above, the red lines are an example of the type of polygon I want to draw.  All help appreciated! 

Thanks, Eric

cstoll
(Stranger )
08/13/12 09:15 AM
Re: Draw a polygon, harvest street addresses inside? How? new [re: analystE]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi Eric,

I would be happy to give you a demonstration of LandVision, our cloud-based mapping program that provides in-depth property analysis, the ability to export to Excel and Avery Labels, and easily create maps for reports and presentations.  LandVision is an aggregate program that brings in data sources from multiple resources in a GIS environment via a web interface.  LandVision can be accessed from a computer, laptop or iPad.

Please let me know if you would like additional information.

Best,

Caroline Stoll

Caroline Stoll
949-294-3664

cstoll
(Stranger )
08/13/12 10:03 AM
Re: Draw a polygon, harvest street addresses inside? How? new [re: analystE]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Caroline Stoll
949-294-3664

timhirrel
(Stranger )
08/21/12 10:05 PM

this is a pretty basic spatial analysis application. all you need is data which geo codes addresses, i.e. provides a coordinate for each address. then create your polygon and allocate the address data to the polygon. tdhgis is a free program that provides this functionality. 

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy