GISCafe
   >> GIS Tools
Thread views: 4063 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

forester7
(Stranger )
03/09/13 12:03 PM
Is there free software to open shapefiles? new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I used to have ArcView3.1 on my computer for work, but my computer crashed and I switched jobs. Is there any frees software programs available that will not just open the shapefiles, but also the associated info (I think it is .dtb files??)? "Shape Viewer" will let me view the shapefiles, but does't seem to allow access the the associated .dtb file.

mbuller
(Stranger )
03/12/13 06:27 AM
Re: Is there free software to open shapefiles? new [re: forester7]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

http://www.mapwindow.org/

christofor
(Stranger )
03/13/13 12:36 AM
Re: Is there free software to open shapefiles? [re: forester7]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

try superGIS desktop by supergeo.

ahmedeloufir
(Stranger )
03/19/13 04:56 AM
Re: Is there free software to open shapefiles? new [re: christofor]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

You can use Map2Net (www.map2net.com). It's free for personal usage and is 100% online. So you can access your data everywhere you go as long as you have an internet connection.

Edited by ahmedeloufir on 03/19/13 04:57 AM.

pcreso
(Stranger )
03/22/13 09:12 PM
Re: Is there free software to open shapefiles? new [re: forester7]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I recommend Quantum GIS, once your shapefile is opened, choose the layer & click open attribute table, which oipen a speadsheet like view of the dbf content, or you an use the info tool to click on a feature & just see the values for the seledted feature.

http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/wiki/Download

You can also use gvSIG & a few other Open Source tools

Dolly123
(Stranger )
09/30/16 02:48 AM

It's free for personal usage and is 100% online 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.1 

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy