GISCafe
   >> GIS Tools
Thread views: 44455 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

farhan663
(Stranger )
08/04/02 11:30 AM
Question new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

hi everybody,

i m new to Gis and wana learn about it, i found many links and going through but i have a question.

for a vehicle tracking system to work properly, somebody would need digital streetlevel maps, what are some of the best softwares or hardware to make these kinda maps.

how this whole system work?

any help would be appreciated

thnx

fofo

Michael G.
(Stranger )
08/08/02 07:14 AM
Re: Question [re: farhan663]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

You can buy street maps from various providers - MapInfo, ESRI, etc. You handle street maps with any GIS system. For big volumes wou will need Arc/INFO of ArcSDE. If you want to do some street navigation you should buy software like ESRI NetEngine - or develope your own one.

farhan663
(Stranger )
08/09/02 09:57 AM
Re: Question new [re: Michael G.]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Many thanks Michael,

I am reading esri site about the software that you told me,
unfortunately maps for uae arenot available,so i have to work from the ground, can u tell me the steps that i need to do or can send me some information about.

also i would like to setup somekinda system for drivers to tell them comming radars or cameras that take pictures if you are in high speed

i appreciate if you can send some information

thanks again

fofo

Colin01
(Stranger )
01/08/09 01:52 AM
Re: Question new [re: farhan663]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi have you looked at AutoCAD Map?  For info contact me at colin@aisel.co.za

Kane51
(Stranger )
01/12/10 03:56 AM
Re: Question new [re: Michael G.]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

And if you are planning on doing some street navigation, these gps devices are excellent if you need hardware.

Smile

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy