GISCafe
   >> GIS Tools
Thread views: 28978 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

rsmith
(Stranger )
11/21/02 08:00 AM
Need advice - simple web mapping Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi all,

I am an old hat in the IT world, but very new to the GIS area. I have followed numerous links to different mapping servers/services etc. but just wanted some first-hand advice regarding my requirements.

All I need is to display an area of the US on my website, together with some points plotted on it. I have a file of lat/lons and want to display them on map. We have Linux servers so it cannot be Windows based. The type of map doesn't really matter - just a basic one with states, cities, major highways perhaps. It will be a dynamic map. Not real-time, but user will click on data and see map sepcific to data points at that time.

We started using the Tiger server, but it's not the most professional interface to our users.

We don't really need zooming in, or panning - just map.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Jump to

Trimble
Teledyne Optech
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy