>> GIS Tools
Thread views: 24381 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

(Stranger )
11/22/02 12:25 AM
ArcIMS - pros and cons Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I've recently been charged with undertaking a cost/benefit analysis of the ArcIMS software package. We're looking at implimenting some form of web-based mapping within our organisation. I've read a lot of the literature on the web pertaining to ArcIMS, but as you can imaging most of those were simply extolling the benefits and features of the software.

What I'd like to get is any feedback on ArcIMS from people who have acctually used the software, be it end-users or administrators. I've tried a few demos and, while functional, it seemed a little unstable. The last demo I tried caused an unspecified system fault and crashed Internet Explorer. Has anyone else had any similar problems that should be mentioned in my review of this software? Or has anyone had the software perform flawlessly and would like to recommend it?

Any thoughts, comments or suggestions would be highly valued and appreciated.

Jump to

Bentley: YII 2016 - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy