GISCafe
   >> Data and Metadata
Thread views: 21312 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

wilsonmh
(Stranger )
11/20/07 08:29 AM
Adjust Parcels to Photo new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Our county wants to re-align our parcels and roads to a recent aerial photo.  We would like to establish contact with someone who has experience in this area.  If you know of someone please let me know.

agirten
(Stranger )
11/21/07 10:00 AM
Re: Adjust Parcels to Photo new [re: wilsonmh]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

We're currently doing the same type of project. If interested please contact me via email Agirten@udcus.com Thanks, Alan

Len
(Stranger )
11/28/07 04:40 AM
Re: Adjust Parcels to Photo new [re: agirten]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello

I have worked at 2 cities and now a county doing the same sort of problem.   Really not a problem but a task.   First i really have never been able to totally line the parcel lines directly on top of the orthos.  You will find many inconcistancies (sp?) with boundary lines / fence lines and natural features to deed references.    I personally have found building the data set (parcel) by cogo from plats in Microstation then import into ArcView but maintain the data in CAD  -  much faster and cheaper in the long run

jeldridge
(Stranger )
11/28/07 01:41 PM
Re: Adjust Parcels to Photo new [re: wilsonmh]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi Wilsonmh,

we have developed a product in this space for moving landbase and other information to new and more accurate aerial photography.  If you want more info please contact me at jeldridge@we-do-it.com

cheers,

Justin

whesse
(Stranger )
11/28/07 02:16 PM

In addition to Justin's posting, we have recently completed ~1,800sqkm using orthophotos and adjusting land base geometry nodes from up to ~40m accuracy to ~0.1m accuracy. 

The project will be presented in the Return on Investment (ROI) stream of http://gita.org/events/annual/31/index.asp in Seattle in March 2008 and at more detailed technical level at the UBISENSE Symposium following the GITA Conference - see http://gita.org/events/annual/31/ubisense.asp

Interesting to note that ROI was achieved using local Australian skilled labour.

If anybody would like to find out more contact Justin or myself at whesse@we-do-it.com  

Regards,

Walter

clayrperry
(Stranger )
11/30/07 01:35 PM
Re: Adjust Parcels to Photo [re: wilsonmh]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I have extensive personal experience dealing with this process. I am in the US, and have worked on several county initiatives to ortho-rectify parcel and road data. There are several methods available, but they depend on the status of your current data, e.g. paper tax maps, paper based survey plats, digital plats in cad, shapfiles, etc. It is not an exact science by any means, but it can be done with fairly good results. There are some potential pit falls to avoid that depend on various factors from data format to where you are located. Feel free to contact me about your needs.

Respectfully,

Clay Perry

ZAPATA ENGINEERING
6302 Fairview Road, Ste 600
Charlotte, North Carolina 28210
Direct Number: 704.358.8240
E-Mail: cperry@zapeng.com

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy