GISCafe
   >> Data and Metadata
Thread views: 14793 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

gilatan
(Stranger )
02/01/08 12:16 PM
Wind Data new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Currently, I am working on a project to predict the wind power in South Carolina. Does anyone know where I can get the wind data (like the wind speed, direction)?

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks

rockytop
(Stranger )
02/07/08 05:14 AM
Re: Wind Data [re: gilatan]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I found data for VA thru a Google search back in 2007.

The VA 50m Wind Resource Map that I saved was "produced by TrueWind Solutions using their Mesomap system" as credited by US Dept of Energy - National Renewable Energy Laboratory (2003).

Currently VA has a system of large wind generators scheduled for construction in Highland Co., elevations 3000 + ft probably.

The web is likely a good resource and I saw EPA listed as a possible resource.

rostone
(Stranger )
02/07/08 06:45 AM
Re: Wind Data new [re: gilatan]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

You might want to check NOAA.  I was thinking about using data from ocean bouys and noticed that there was quite a bit of (historical) data on their web site.

Additionally, if you do find a web site with data that you're looking for, if it's in an "agreeable" format, I can show you how to import volumes of data with little effort.

Roy_Stone@LongBeach.gov

leedooley
(Stranger )
02/26/08 12:42 PM
Re: Wind Data new [re: gilatan]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello Gilatan,

We have meteorological and ocean data as well as aggregation technology and data display tools.   We have historical and forecast wind data from various sources including NOAA, U.S. Navy, and many other private data providers--it is likely we can help you depending on what your specific needs are and we certainly can provide wind speed and direction time-varying data off the South Carolina Coast.

We also have several Web-based Data Mapping tools that may be helpful. 

Please feel free to contact me to see how we can help you with your project.

Sincerely,

Lee Dooley  ldooley@asascience.com

Applied Science Associates, Inc.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy