>> Business Geographics
Thread views: 1859 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

(Stranger )
09/13/13 12:36 PM
Auto Map Generatio Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I work for a company that organizes events for marketing companies and their brands. Our clients hold hundreds of events each year, and receive customer information at each event. We wanted to map these customers in ArcGIS and then analyze them to find things such as dot density, buffers, avg. median income etc.

My question is, is there a way to have ArcGIS, or some other software automate the map generation process of creating the .mxd? For example, if a new event happens in LA and we get 1000 customer's information, is there a way to have a map automatically generate around that location, and geolocate the customer addresses?

It would just take to much time to go through 800 events and individually create the mxd for each one, and then run all the analysis on them.

Thanks for the help.

(Stranger )
09/25/13 10:16 AM
Re: Auto Map Generatio new [re: jjennison]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Yes it is very possible, i created a python addin that auto generates title deed plans and site plans (maps) from a parcel fabric under an SDE repository in ArcGIS.

Edited by GISGURU_001 on 09/25/13 10:23 AM.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Textron - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy