I was in Academia first, where we used more Arc view, but now I work in a company where they are using Map Info ( so now i am getting my self familiar with Map Info)
But I have some questions.. as I am doing research on the Pros and cons of Map Info and ArcView in the business world..
A few things that my company uses GIS for
1. Making Automation, custom Making and production uses
2. Mostly it is not advance level spatial analysis.
We are encountering a few problems
1. There are some bugs in MapBasic making it hard to automate/productionalize reporting
2. The amount of data we process is too cumbersome for MapInfo to handle
3. You cannot install MapInfo on a server and have multiple people accessing it
Well these are issues with Map Info but I am not sure if ArcView can do all the above requirement without much hassel. One of the issues I have had with Arcview is that it cannot handle big files esp with if it has large amount of spatial analysis.
Can you give some guidlines on the above discussion