GISCafe
   >> GIS Education
Thread views: 6635 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

yanlongtay
(Stranger )
11/01/08 02:22 AM
GIS Spatial Diffusion and Interaction Model Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi Everybody!
I'm currently a student doing a research on using GIS spatial diffusion and interaction model to monitor disease spread and identify risk areas for medical intervention. I will also be doing a disease simulation test to analyze the results.

There are a few questions that I would want to ask:
1) How does GIS spatial diffusion and interaction model work? I understand the concept of spatial diffusion, e.g Expansion diffusion, Contagious diffusion. What I don't understand is how spatial diffusion and interaction model work in GIS.

2) Is it possible for me to do a simulation test on how disease spread using GIS? Would I be using Arc Map or Arc Globe to do it? My simulation test would just need to provide an estimation on how disease spread and not talking about animation. So my simulation test is more of a 2D than 3D kind.

3) Where would be a good place for me to discuss such issues?

I'm a very new learner to this GIS topic, thus I'm still researching alot now. I would like to hear the profession advices from you guys.

Thank you very much!
Regards,
Yan Long

Jump to

Trimble
Teledyne Optech
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy