GISCafe
   >> GIS Education
Thread views: 5899 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Heffleys
(Stranger )
10/25/10 10:50 AM
new to GIS Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi. I am new to GIS and have been having trouble finding what I need. I need to be able to map agricultural uses in my county and surrounding counties in Texas. I need to be able to map crop land, farm land, type of animal on farmland, etc. Can anyone help point me in the right direction as to what software or download I need and where to get it?

BizMark
(Stranger )
10/31/10 04:35 PM
Re: new to GIS new [re: Heffleys]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Some of the more popular GIS software includes ArcView®, MapInfo®, LP360 and Global Mapper.  If interested, here is a link to the Pitney Bowes MapInfo site: http://www.pbinsight.com/

Heffleys
(Stranger )
11/03/10 06:27 AM
Re: new to GIS new [re: BizMark]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Thank you for the reply. It's very helpful and appreciated.

SteveBoulanger
(Stranger )
11/10/10 03:21 AM
Re: new to GIS new [re: Heffleys]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Global Mapper is good software. Two latest versions are available for free downloading but some features will not be accessible. You can go for it as well.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
Teledyne Optech
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy