GISCafe
   >> GIS Education
Thread views: 3976 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

scoggins
(Stranger )
04/06/11 06:47 PM
Map scale and extent... new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi

So I have probably a very dumb question. I'm using ArcGIS 10 and I'm trying to display a map at 1:100,000. The only way I've figured out how to do to this at the moment is by setting the map on a HUGE page size. How would I set the map scale at 1:100,000 and then print the map on say an 11 x 17 sheet of paper? I figure there must be a check box somewhere that allows me to do this. I've used Arc10 for analysis, but haven't used it for mapping so much, so I'm getting stuck on simple stuff...

Cheers

Sam

scrabblehack
(Stranger )
08/02/11 01:30 PM
Re: Map scale and extent... new [re: scoggins]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

You realize that a 1:100000 scale means 1 inch on the map means 100000 inches on the earth? 

If your study area is so large that it would require a huge paper size to accommodate such a scale then you either have to reduce the scale or print your map on multiple sheets. 

scoggins
(Stranger )
08/02/11 03:26 PM
Re: Map scale and extent... [re: scrabblehack]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Yeah, after thinking about it for five mins after I posted I realised I'm a dumbass...

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy