>> GIS Education
Thread views: 3761 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

(Stranger )
09/09/11 07:54 AM
rainfall map Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Rainfall map how to

Postby Satdecrypter on Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:44 am

Hello Friends,

I ve been using GIS few years ago but unfortunately didnt have a deep knowledge and after neglecting it i forgot almost everything,

well... I have rainfall data in mm from 70 stations across a region ( Norfolk UK) I want to make a map, which could show clearly which areas on this Region are the wettest and which the driest, the presentation of the data could be done either by conturing the areas, or pixeling, or even by placing a number around the station. any idea of how I could do this ?

i want it to look something like this,

but with different classification so that it will be in more detail. the stations recorded from 38mm up to 98mm on a particular month.

thank you a lot .

(Stranger )
09/13/11 07:55 AM
Re: rainfall map new [re: satdecrypter]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

If that's how you want it to look yes I would do contouring -- you probably know that setting the parameters for kriging or IDW is as much an art as a science. 

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Teledyne: - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy