GISCafe
   >> GIS Education
Thread views: 20692 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

sankhur
(Stranger )
07/05/07 12:01 AM
lat long interpretation new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi,

I have got lat long information in the format like 31N1955,00 and 076E2403,00

I do not how to interpret it

Could anyone help

Thanks

scrabblehack
(Stranger )
07/09/07 06:13 AM
Re: lat long interpretation new [re: sankhur]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

It looks like degrees minutes seconds to me.  The comma looks to be a European decimal point. 

bihodge
(Stranger )
07/10/07 07:11 AM
Re: lat long interpretation [re: scrabblehack]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I would agree with scrabblehack; it's a strange format for me, but try deg min sec.00 N

and deg min sec.00 E.

Bill; Eng Tech III (GIS)

scrabblehack
(Stranger )
07/18/07 07:22 AM
Re: lat long interpretation new [re: sankhur]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I see that 31 deg 19 min 55.00 sec N, 76 deg 24 min, 3.00 sec E is in India, which according to http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1160541 is a  "dot country" rather than a "comma country."  Perhaps the locations were digitized by a contractor from a comma country?

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
Teledyne Optech
University of Denver GIS Masters Degree Online
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy