>> GIS Education
Thread views: 47800 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

(Stranger )
08/07/01 08:44 AM
Garmin Format new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I own a Garmin eMap GPS and also have the necessary raw GIS data of
Greece in the following format on my PC: Athens.sdf, Athens.sif. How may I
convert them to the Garmin format to be used on the eMap?

-- Question from one of our readers

(Stranger )
08/31/01 06:58 AM
Re: Garmin Format [re: Susan]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I?m sure that you have thought of the folowing but just in case:
Those types of files I don?t know but open the files in the program that you have to view them and see if you can export the file to a certain type of ASCII text or delimited text format, then try to download a program from internet that will convert those text files to a DXF file or maybe -depending on the data type- you will be able to convert it to WPT or TRK files, which can then be uploaded to your GPS with a normal up-download program sutch as the onje I?m using called PCX5.

Hope I could be of any assistance.

(Stranger )
09/06/01 11:17 AM
Re: Garmin Format new [re: Susan]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I am not sure if this page has what you are looking for but it is extensive for Garmin GPS users.

European Director
Integral GIS Inc
Spandauer str 4, A1002
Berlin, Germany

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Teledyne: - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy