>> GIS Education
Thread views: 11979 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

(Stranger )
02/02/08 07:34 PM
What do you think of the following colleges Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

(Stranger )
02/05/08 05:44 AM
Re: What do you think of the following colleges new [re: etownsen]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I can't comment on the last two.  My only comment on the first is that if you're looking at a SUNY for Geography, first look at University of Buffalo - for a few reasons: 1.  Buffalo is much bigger community with FAR more to do off campus & in the community than Binghamton.  2. UB is one of 3 NCGIA funded GIS programs in the country - $5 NSF funding.  They have really diversified their geography department in the last few years so they have the traditional tech GIS curiculum, social geograpy, environmental geography & have really bolstered their business and transportation geography program with some good new PhDs with interesting background.  If you are looking at graduate studies, I would suggest looking at their IGERT program - a fully-funded Presidential level scholarship program that promotes interdisciplinary study and gives you elevated exposure to the professors there and will set you up nicely for post doctoral work, teaching or getting a good job with you PhD.  The school is very big but the department is nice sized - not so small it doesn't have good resources (has a sweet new GIS lab) but is not so large that you become a number.  Also, don't beleive the rumors about Buffalo, depsite our football team, it's a great city and is really affordable to live in.  I also HIGHLY recommend SUNY Geneseo for good liberal arts degree, great geography department faculty, very affordable tuition and a well-respected school.  Chcek out Kiplingers & US NEws rankings of Geneseo for the last 5-10 years, and last year in particular.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Teledyne Optech
University of Denver GIS Masters Degree Online
Teledyne: - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy